First Steps to a loan Request
- Wausau Region Chamber of Commerce
- Wausau Community & Economic Development
- Marathon County Development Corporation (MCDEVCO)
- Entrepreneurial and Education Center - one stop service center located in Wausau for start up and existing businesses throughout the region to access trusted advisors, educators and capital in order to establish critical business practices.
- SCORE Wausau Chapter dedicated to educating entrepreneurs and helping small businesses start, grow and succeed.
- Wisconsin Business Development Corp (WBD)
- Wisconsin Secretary of State
- Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority (WHEDA)
- State of Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development
- State of Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions create a Wisconsin LLC or Corporation
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- National Association of Women Business Owners
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN) online.
- Bplans.com has captured various free business and marketing plan templates. It also provides a number of how-to articles that can guide you through the business process.
- Dunn & Bradstreet provides information on businesses and corporations for use in credit decisions, B2B marketing and supply chain management.
- James J. Hill Reference Library Business Stages for Entrepreneurs at the James J. Hill Library is a free online information resource for entrepreneurs and small businesses to help them grow.
- Valuation Resources A directory of resources which address subjects such as industry overview, issues, trends, industry financial information and financial ratios, and compensation salary surveys for a wide variety of industries.
ChooseWhat.com is designed to provide business consumers with practical information about basic, but important, business product categories (e.g. phone systems) and specific comparisons of the vendors.